Friday, November 30, 2018

My Gross Ninja

 This is my Ninja blender...I LOVE my Ninja blender and use it every single day to make my protein smoothie after I exercise, and often times again in the afternoon for my snack replacement drink.

As soon as I am done using it, the blender part is immediately rinsed off and cleaned.  I would like to think at 53 years of age, I have a working knowledge of how to do dishes.   I might be wrong.

My sister in law posted a video on FaceBook about taking hers apart because of a strange smell.  I didn't have a smell but thought I should probably take it apart and clean it well since I didn't even realize there was a seal down in there. 

Oh My Gosh is this ever Gross!!   I use this EVERY day!   I clean it EVERY day!  This makes me almost want to throw up in my mouth a little bit knowing that I have been drinking my smoothies that were made in it.


 I soaked the seal and blade in the dishwater for awhile and tried to scrub the seal, but it wouldn't come clean.  I boiled them both in soapy water for 15 minutes then let it set and soak another 15 minutes.  I am GOING to get all the gross off!


This is the disgusting water that was left after the boiling.  Look at all that crud that came out of what I drank out of every day!   


Scrubby, scrubby, scrubby.  I attacked the blade first with a baby bottle nipple cleaner and got it all nice and clean down where the ring goes.  It was shining back at me.   The seal however is a completely different matter.  I scrubbed this thing with my cleaning toothbrush as well as a scratchy pad.  This gunk won't budge!


Forget it, it is being thrown out and I got right on Amazon and ordered some new seals.  Even if this thing was sparking clean, I don't know that I could ever use it again.

Lesson learned, the seal will come out and be cleaned every time as well.  It wasn't easy getting it out, but now I know what is being left behind so I will make it happen.

Then....I opened the cupboard to get a glass for my water and realize I have ALL THESE cups with seals in them!!   I know what I'll be doing this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment