Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Excuses

I'll just hit snooze one more time, it's too hot, I'm too tired, I don't have equipment, I don't know what to do.....

We've all been there.  We have the best of intentions to begin being more healthy...and then we excuse ourselves right out of it.   We want to feel better.  We want to lose weight.  What we don't have is wanting it bad enough to get past the excuses.  

Many (many) years ago when I was in high school, I was a distance runner.  Back then in my little town there was no such thing as Cross Country in school.  So I ran on my own.  Five miles before school and Five miles after.  I loved to run.  About three years ago I decided I wanted to get back into running again.  I bought some running clothes, I bought some running shoes, I downloaded music onto my phone to keep me pepped up.  I just knew that putting money into this would be the motivation I needed to get running again.   I started out walking every single day, sometimes twice a day.  I worked up to adding some jogging in.  I kept at this hard for about a month and then the excuses started to happen.  One thing after the next and before I knew it, the clothes were sitting in the drawer and the expensive running shoes were in the closet.    I let myself down.

A few months ago I renewed my desire to run.  I didn't buy the running shoes yet but what I have done is start to condition myself in my Health Studio.  I'm building up my cardio, my strength and my endurance.  I have a goal of running (not walking) the 5K my little town does in July.  I will not give in to excuses, I will not let myself down.  

What is something you have given in to the excuses on that you might want to give another try? 

No comments:

Post a Comment